– Dana O’Neil of ESPN.com exposes the dark side of college basketball’s summer. I’m surprised how candid some of these quotes are, even though they’re anonymous. Who wants to bet John Calipari was the one who suggested the NCAA throw the rule book out?
– Cleveland State is still looking for a guarantee game between December 7th and 11th, Detroit is looking for a home-and-home series to start November 20th or 22nd, and Youngstown State is looking for a scrimmage partner. Green Bay is also on the market for a home game right before Christmas. All of these have been on the Basketball Travelers board in the last week and a half.
– The Journal-Sentinel sticks their head up to allow Tom Enlund time to do his beat writing gig for the Panthers. Tom highlights the coming trip to Italy for Milwaukee.
– Women’s basketball may have had an awful season, but their academics kicked major butt. Congrats on getting the work done where it’s most important, ladies. Note to Ashley Imperiale, I need a tutor.
– Wright State’s baseball alumni are getting picked up even more. The Frontier League’s Lake Erie Crushers picked up Casey McGrew, who hit a whopping .383 in the Raiders’ co-championship season with the Panthers (I refuse to recognize their regular season title as outright). They also get to keep their coach!
– Youngstown State still doesn’t care about basketball, with their only fan forum touting a whopping ONE post on the team since February 15th, which happened about a week ago linking to this story after Slocum offered Cale Zuiker, the 44th best prospect in Wisconsin’s 2011 class according to WisHoops.net.